A Room Of My Own

Week #1: 

Our daughter, Ann, recently moved out on her own and I inherited her room to turn into my own little space.  As you can see it's a clean blank slate ready for a makeover.  My plan is to set up the sewing machine in a permanent cabinet .. my entire life, I've had to schlep it to the kitchen table and put everything away each night.  This will be nice in that I can keep a sewing project out until it's finished. 
The sewing machine might be in front of the bay window .. the view is inspiring and beautiful!

Extra deep closet .. ahem .. hubby somehow has some 'stuff' in here already!

Yes .. I'm a vanilla color nut :)

I envision antiques including a bed and small rocking chair.  A washstand with a towel bar and tiled back splash to hold a pitcher and bowl.  Perhaps an old dress form and a pretty lamp with a painted glass shade and a chimney.  Now it's time to scour the flea markets and garage sales ... AND check the basement for items to re-purpose.  Check back for week #2.

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Family Rooms

Coastal Gulf Cabins: Close By

Pipli Applique Decor Items for A Colorful Home