Traffic Jam.

Very bright but rather cold today. As I drove home the the sun was disappearing from the valleys but still lighting up the hill tops. Coming round the corner into our valley I had to stop for a while because a group of riders were leading their horses back to the stables. Sarah usually gets her rides to dismount as the road is so steep and the horses could easily slip on the tarmac. The nosy foals, Ben and Doris always have to see what's going on.
At home I noticed that Smudge had wet looking legs and smelt strongly of kerosene. He must have got into something at the stables next door. So into a sink of warm soapy water he went, apart from the smell kerosene is probably not very good for the skin or being licked. Luckily none of my cats ever make too much fuss about being washed and apart from the occasional wail Smudge stood there quite calmly. When Big Cat (no longer with us) first started living wild he spent a fortnight living on/by the carcass of a sheep and and was sticky and disgustingly stinky when he returned. He tolerated a wash and a rinse in the bath.




Finally my lovely orchid which I bought simply for its beauty which is now part of my 'India' display. It's good to have beautiful things to look at.

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Family Rooms

Coastal Gulf Cabins: Close By

Pipli Applique Decor Items for A Colorful Home