Out For A Walk.

After getting most of my school work done this morning we headed out to Morte Point for our weekly walk. Just for a change we took a new route swinging back up to the crest of the hill. It was a bit of steep climb, here Peter is checking his pulse, I actually had a slower heart rate yet he's the one who goes to the gym regularly. My job must be enough to keep me fit.


From the view point which was once the site of a coastguard's look out, we could see down to Rockham bay and Bull Point Lighthouse in one direction,
while on the other side was Woolacombe Bay, and ahead was our beloved Lundy. (To give a sense of scale the white dots in the mown area are sheep.) We tried exploring to find a different way down from our spot but the only paths led back inland towards Morethoe so we had to retrace our steps and then continue on our usual walk. No seals about today and the sea was almost flat. We still enjoyed watching the sea while we had a cup of coffee. There were not so many people about today but we both saw people we knew from years ago. A family group walked past us and Peter recognised the older man as someone he worked with 15 years ago and later we passed a couple and immediately I recognised the man as the headteacher of a school I used to work at over 10 years ago. In neither case did we catch up with the people and say Hi because the moments had passed and it would probably have been awkward to run back after them. That's us reserved Brits for you.

This group of shags were perched on the last rock of Morte Point while behind can be seen the northern point of Lundy with the North Lighthouse just visible.
Back home there was time for a little gardening, weeding the over grown bank, ( there is so much I'll need to do during the half term holiday), before going in for some home-made pumpkin and butternut squash soup. At this point I have to make a revelation. Over 20 years ago, when the boys were babies, I bought a hand held food blender so that I could lovingly puree good wholesome food for them. In those days electrical items didn't always come with a plug attached and I put the blender away until we had a moment to put on a plug. The boys ate food mashed with a fork, learnt to chew and the moment stretched to 20+ years. (I like my soups to be chunky rather than pureed.) Until today when we decided the soup would be better pureed and Peter found and attached a plug. That says - something - about us, procrastination or keeping things till they are needed, good or bad I don't know.

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Family Rooms

Coastal Gulf Cabins: Close By

Pipli Applique Decor Items for A Colorful Home