Not Wanted.

This wet rose branch sums up my current mood, a little prickly and wet but hopefully with a sparkle of sun. The reason - today at school instead of teaching I was one of 5 being interviewed for a 2 day a week temporary job starting in January. But I didn't make it past the teaching task stage. We were given 30 mins to chose one item from a selection and plan an inspirational and creative lesson for 15 children and although I thought my lesson went well it wasn't good enough for me to be called for the interview. Never mind, something always come up and who knows how long I'll be working full-time for. I would much prefer to be part-time but at least the money is good. I decided not to stay in school for the afternoon but came home after a quick trip to Tescos. I've been stocking up on basics while I still have my £4 off vouchers. Some of the things I've been buying were clear storage boxes with lids that are the right size for some open shelving in our bedroom. Today I thought I'd buy more and found they were on special offer, 3 for the price of 2, which saved me even more money. I must admit to buying some chocolate and a small desert as a consolation prize. I looked at all the things that I would normally have considered a 'treat' and kept thinking how full of sugar they were so I settled for much less than I once would have.
We've had some heavy showers today but during a dry spell I took a picture of the hanging baskets which still have plenty of colour. This was the first year that I used lots of trailing lobelia but it was worth it as it make the front door look bright and cheerful even though most of the surfinias have finished flowering.

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Family Rooms

Coastal Gulf Cabins: Close By

Pipli Applique Decor Items for A Colorful Home