Views from the house

A view towards the porch.


A living room view


Out the front door

Many years ago, a couple of our longstanding volunteers suggested to me that views from your windows were important. It was a revelation.

She and her husband had transformed a normal suburban plot into something extraordinary, so I was listening. I don't think I 'd thought about that before.

The house where I grew up had a lovely view into the treetops from the living and dining rooms, thanks to protection of the woods surrounding the house. My parents weren't gardeners at all, but clearly chose the lot (because it was steep and wooded with natural Central Texas vegetation) to build the house based on the surroundings.

But I was thinking about the views from the windows this afternoon, as lovely fall light illuminated the landscape.

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Family Rooms

Coastal Gulf Cabins: Close By

Pipli Applique Decor Items for A Colorful Home