A peaceful garden and a ground squirrel mooch

The peacefulness of the Japanese Garden in Portland soothed an overstimulated conference attendee (that's me). I love interacting with like-minded folks, but I'm also used to having a LOT more quiet time than occurs in back to back sessions (no matter how interesting). I know I have company here -- many garden writers and photographers are reflective and observant, and not necessarily 24/7 types. I spoke to several like-minded folks today. So visiting the Japanese Garden was an antidote to the conference experience in closed-in rooms and no windows.

These rose buds in the Portland Rose Garden near the Japanese Garden were my favorite image from a striking garden.

This fellow has his territory near the snack stand staked out. It involves coaxes tourists into feeding him/her.

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Family Rooms

Coastal Gulf Cabins: Close By

Pipli Applique Decor Items for A Colorful Home