Rainy Days in Devon.



You know the weather is miserable when the cats ( here Squeeky and Smudge) start jamming themselves along the rayburn in the kitchen. ( Last year Zulu the dog would be there with cats sprawled on top of him.) The rayburn is on all year round, keeps the kitchen warm, provides hot water, dries my washing and is my (temperamental) cooker. Oh and the oil costs are a fortune and it is best to stay out of the kitchen when Pete has to dismantle and clean it and replace the wicks.
Rant no1 over, now for rant no2. The weather. For most of August we have had grey skies and 'frequent showers'. Everything outside is wet and as soon as you get ready to go out to do something .... it's raining again.This is the last week of the school holidays and having done a major houseclean and tidy, had a houseful of family and friends, I had hoped to get some painting and tidying done outside. Oh well. I'll just have to sit on the pc instead. I got Linas (middle son) to help set up this blog yesterday which I predict will be fun for me if no one else.
Speaking of sons, Linas is busy packing as we are taking him down to Plymouth this Saturday to start the final year of his IT degree at Plymouth University. He is moving to a house share with 3 friends who are also doing the same degree. He is excited to be moving away from the countryside and I hope that he doesn't get distracted by city life. That will just leave youngest son, Romas at home and he seems to spend most of his time down in Bude staying ( partying and rehearsing ) with friends from his music course. Much as I love all 3 of my sons it will be lovely to have a quiet home where there aren't computers screeching and exploding in every room to the gentle accompaniment of drums and electric guitars. Then I can play my piano in peace!

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Family Rooms

Coastal Gulf Cabins: Close By

Pipli Applique Decor Items for A Colorful Home