The hydro seed company sprayed on the front lawn and should be back to apply some wetland grass and wild flowers to the side and back portions of our yard to help with erosion. A thunder and lightning storm rolled through with just a light mist of rain ... we're not supposed to water until tomorrow, so I was glad it didn't pour buckets of rain. The white front porch rockers have small rugs under each one to make the motion smooth, and the geraniums need to fill out a bit. Today, my new shipment of scented geraniums arrived by UPS! It amazes me that they look perky after being boxed up for over a week! I went to a nursery this morning to begin the task of selecting shrubs and perennials that are considered deer resistant for the flowerbeds. I'm thinking of transplanting some native plants such as wild roses and snow berry bushes as they grow so well. Today, I spied an orchid plant among all the wild flowers, and I just can not get over how many forget-me-nots are growing on our property. This has to be my favorite time of year with all the flowers to "drink in" ... a close second to the fall season.

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Family Rooms

Coastal Gulf Cabins: Close By

Pipli Applique Decor Items for A Colorful Home