The end of yet another week and still no construction. This "productive" week found me checking with the county on my permit ... they yet have issued the PAPER to begin building. Seems there was a question about a beam in the foundation or basement area ... of course, that meant another trip to my favorite engineers ... whom happened to be on vacation. Such efficiency! So I busied myself with selecting windows, interior doors and knobs, trim molding for doorways, baseboards, and windows. I also checked out some nice freestanding gas (wood type) stoves that can be used as supplemental heat in the winter. After watching my pop buy/haul/cut and stack wood for their heat the past twenty years, I'll be happy with the gas version. Yes, I know the wood is the real deal ... but not in my golden years, pleeeze! Here's one of the stoves I'm considering ... along with the windows selected.

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Family Rooms

Coastal Gulf Cabins: Close By

Pipli Applique Decor Items for A Colorful Home