Two Bridges.

It has been another dry day, a grey start and not quite so sunny and warm as yesterday but not bad. I had my PPA time changed to today so I spent the afternoon mainly sitting at the pc typing in information to the on line pupil tracker we are using. Tomorrow I've been persuaded to play the piano so that the children can learn The Farmer Comes To Scatter The Seed for our Harvest festival next week. It's only a simple tune but I've never been very good at playing in front of other people. I've practised at home so many times I can play it with my eyes shut so hopefully I won't go wrong. Luckily for most of our singing we have cds or on-line music.
I haven't taken any photos today, instead I offer some taken last Sunday. This quay was the heart of Barnstaple from Roman times as it is here that the ships were loaded before making their way all around Britain, to Africa and in later days across the Atlantic. Barnstaple was a thriving port and all sorts of goods including the famous Barum pottery were exported from here. Barnstaple has in the past been invaded from the sea by the Vikings and even slave traders. At the site of the original ford is the Old Bridge, from where we watched the fireworks,
and this is the new bridge built only a few years ago to keep traffic away from the heart of town.

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Family Rooms

Coastal Gulf Cabins: Close By

Pipli Applique Decor Items for A Colorful Home