Sometimes

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian Readers.  I have always loved Thanksgiving as a wonderful dinner and a great time to be with family.  My family broke down this year.  Not my choice.  So... it's just my daughter and myself for Thanksgiving this year.  It's tough to go through hard times and then have to keep your head above water for someone else but as a Mom it's worth it and it's what we do.

We are going out to dinner but having dessert at home.  We are making a recipe I found last year which is late for Canadians but early for everyone else.  I found it last year in Style at Home magazine (A Canadian publication, and a great magazine if you can get your hands on it.  I have subscribed for 14 years). 

Baby Pumpkin Puddings
1 can pumpin puree
3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp mace
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk or 18% cream
2 Tbsp dark rum
1/2 tsp orange zest preferably organic
Preheat oven to 350

Combine pumpkin brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and spices in a large bowl.  Whisk together eggs, evaporated milk rum and orange zest in a separate bowl.  Stir egg mixture into puree.  Divide custard mix into 6 3/4 cup ovenproof ramekins and place in roasting pan.  Draw the tip of a small knife across the top of the custard to break any bubbles.
Make a bain marie and cover all with foil.  Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the puddings are barely quivering in the middle. Remove from oven and and cool.  Add whip cream mixed with cinnamon on top and serve. 

Take care all, enjoy your day and thank you for all the nice comments sometimes they are the brightest part of my day. 

Until next time,
Patricia

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Family Rooms

Coastal Gulf Cabins: Close By

Pipli Applique Decor Items for A Colorful Home