A Romantic Hooked Rug

This is the rug I just got from my friend Bridget's
 shop in New Hampshire, Rustique. 
Isn't it gorgeous?
 I have been getting a lot of my treasures from Bridget. 
Many of you may know that she writes a blog, 
The Rehab Boutique~you can find it on my sidebar.
I am going to pair it up with my slipcovered sofa.
 This rug, has an oatmeal colored ground 
with ballet pink border,sprinkled with a 
 yellow pink, green and blue floral pattern.
 It has the vintage frenchy feel! 
I will give you a sneak peek at how it looks.
When I threw it in front of the couch, 
I might have let out a squeal of delight!

Here is a quick sketch I did of the room with the rug.

I am using a rush bench for my coffee table.
The soft faded colors of the rug were just what I was looking for.
A fitted slipcover will be made for the chair and ottoman
 I have hiding under all that slipcover fabric!
The iron and wood table will be getting 
a paint job as well~in off white.
A cozy white faux fur throw is a perfect touch of glam.
A sequin fleur~de~lis on an aqua pillow~so yummy.
I realized I have quite the mirror collection
 between the two houses, 
and now one of my favorites 
is over the mantle waiting to be hung. 
An old  crocheted mantle runner 
creates a romantic feel.
This reversible table skirt has a beige and cream check
 on the underside with brush fringe on the hemline 
giving it a heavy hand and beautiful drape. 
I made this about 15 years ago and am glad I saved it.
I am working my way towards being 
one of the Most Romantic Rooms Ever!
Yes, I fantasize about creating this magazine. 
This room looks like a cover shot to me!
Price is only $2.95~
 because I hate paying a lot for a magazine, don't you?
I'll keep you updated after the 
new drapes and slipcover and other tasks are completed!
And if and when I get my magazine deal....
linking to 
and 
and
and 

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Family Rooms

Coastal Gulf Cabins: Close By

Pipli Applique Decor Items for A Colorful Home