Morte Point.

The sun finally came out today so Peter and I went off to Morte Point for a walk in the hazy sunshine. There were a lot of sheep and people about today.
The tide was far out and there was no sign of the seals at their usual spot. We had brought along some coffee to drink while watching the waves gently rolling in. Very soothing.

It was still quite windy but a lot of the other people we saw were in t-shirts or even in one case without, but not totally as happened last year! While I was standing on the point here trying to get a clear shot of a sea bird on a far off rock I heard Peter laughing behind me. A sparrow hawk was chasing a smaller bird directly above my head which I hadn't noticed. It zoomed away too quickly for me to try and get a picture.
A misty view of the beach road at Woolacombe where we were watching the sunset on Friday.

Back home I got some more gardening done, finished off cutting down the crocosmia mansorum and managed to cut back about half of the purple loosestrife that stands in 6ft clumps around the garden. I also cleared the long grass and some brambles growing up through a sprawling rose. Not most sensible to do that with bare arms and I have the scars to prove it.
Finally I've just about finished my school planning for the week. Peter's out playing pool again which is why I saved the planning till now.

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Family Rooms

Coastal Gulf Cabins: Close By

Pipli Applique Decor Items for A Colorful Home