I'm Back.

Normal service has been resumed now that we have our phone line restored. We have a dreadful land line which gets worse when it rains but BT (British Telecom) won't do anything until it all stops working. Which is what happened yesterday, no phone = no internet, aargh no blogging, facebook or emails. When Peter contacted them, having driven 3 miles because the mobile phone network was out too, (conspiracy?) they told him they no longer have their own engineers but someone would be in touch next Tuesday. Not sure what they meant by 'in touch', carrier pigeon perhaps? Today however the line is mysteriously restored, good thing too as Blogger is filtered on the school network. There was a pretty sunset on the last leg of my journey home tonight.
Yet another traffic queue, Mr Lewis' Holsteins going across the road to be milked. There are a lot of contractors out on the roads taking in the last lot of silage, some sort of chopped up beets I think rather than the usual grass mix. On Wednesday evening I got stuck behind one for most of my journey home and was not best pleased when it also turned down our country lane. I noticed that Peter was driving behind me so I amused myself (and possibly him) on that 15mph journey by conducting the radio vigorously (with both arms) with the occasional slump behind the wheel as we trundled along.

Yesterday I'd been behind one tractor straight out of Barnstaple and had breathed a sigh of relief when he'd turned off at Muddiford only to get caught behind another. It is frustrating but I would never be so stupid as the driver in the above picture. He got fed up and decided to overtake even though there is a blind bend only about 20ft in front of the tractor. He got round but only just as there WAS another car coming down the hill which must have got a very nasty shock. (Yes I was balancing my camera on the steering wheel.)
School has been fairly relaxed today, we had some teachers and youngsters from a school in southern India come and dance and sing for us at morning assembly. They are visiting the junior school next door which is paired with their school. Some of the staff from Bluecoates went over there to visit last year (a bit of a jolly?) For the rest of the day the children have been finishing off their stories, that I now have to level for the on line tracking, and their Taj Mahal pictures which look great. At home were more fun parcels including some Indian classical music, my class has been enjoying our Bollywood cd and 2 pairs of Per Una black jeans, size 12 !! long length. They make me look really skinny. Might still have to go shopping tomorrow because ............ well just because.

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Family Rooms

Coastal Gulf Cabins: Close By

Pipli Applique Decor Items for A Colorful Home